Friday, January 21, 2011

Losing It With Leanne Challenge Day 8 - Restaurant victory!

January 19, 2011

Major victory today! I had supper in a restaurant AND stuck to the plan! One thing I've heard Leanne and JJ Virgin talk about is that when you go to a restaurant, you don't HAVE to order exactly what they have set up as the meal combinations - peruse the menu to see what they have in the kitchen and then order what you want to have! Good thing I was thinking about that, or when we were out last night and DH asked me if we could eat out and then pop by his parents' I probably would've said no.

Reality is, in most restaurants, you should be able to get a grilled chicken breast and salad, so there is always something for you to have when you eat out. I had a garden salad to start (I totally wasn't thinking and should have asked for non-iceberg, but that's OK), I had oil/vinegar for salad dressing on the side, they had a lemon-pepper grilled chicken meal that looked good and came with steamed vegetables, and I just asked for double vegetables instead of my potato-side. I made good choices, and I was rewarded. Everything was good and I didn't feel deprived, and we got to eat out and have a nice visit with my in-laws afterwards. (Now my meal actually came with TWO chicken breasts and garlic bread also, but I just brought the second breast and the garlic bread home. DH can have the garlic bread and the chicken is good, but there was too much.)

I was really busy, so didn't exercise and my water intake was a little low, but I'll get back on the horse tomorrow! :D

So anyway, thank you for joining me, and I hope I can help you! It really is fun to be a Homemaking Diva!!

Please comment or send your questions to me at homemakingdiva@hotmail.com

Have great day!

Valerie :D

No comments:

Post a Comment