First off, I have to tell you, yes, in my opinion, it is still way too early for Christmas decorations and music. But, now is the perfect time to plan!
It's mid-November, craft shows are in high gear and we're starting to get into make-ahead season. Now is the time to set aside some extra time and some extra money (if you haven't already) to make sure that Christmas doesn't surprise you.
I encourage you to spend some time thinking about what you are going to do this year. Just ask yourself some questions and write down the answers:
- Who is on your gift list?
- How much money do you plan on spending on gifts?
- What might you get for each person?
- Are there any crafts you need to get going on?
- How many get-togethers do you want to go to?
- Are you hosting any of these get-togethers?
- What goodies are you going to bake?
- What baking can be made ahead?
- And don't forget your family traditions!
My sister and I bake together, and we had our first session on Saturday. It was extra fun this year because now my seven-year-old niece is old enough to help (not just busy-work 'help' but actually help). We make our list, pick our dates and split the groceries. It's always a lot of fun.
If you start planning now, you can beat the rush and avoid the malls on crazy December Saturdays. If you can swing it, try going on a weekday-day during November to get a head start on your gift buying.
Thank you for joining me, and I hope I can help you! It really is fun to be a Homemaking Diva!!
Please comment or send your questions to me on the Homemaking Diva Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/HomemakingDiva or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org