Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Losing It With Leanne Challenge Day 35 - Having FUN!!

February 15, 2011

Hey everyone!

I am having so much fun Losing It With Leanne! Week 3 is fabulous! Seriously, the LWL fiber bars are half a step down from cake, so yummy and healthy for you! I know it's winter, but I figured out a way around the cold smoothie..... make it early! Food can sit out for up to 2 hours before you have to worry about bacteria growth, so I can just make my breakfast smoothie while I'm having my pre-breakfast Kashi and have the smoothie later! Also, when I'm having part of the smoothie as a snack, I've been pouring the smoothie into 3 small glasses, having one, and sticking two in the fridge with a bit of plastic wrap over the top. Then I have some ready for next time; it separates a bit, but I just stir it up and I'm good to go.

I made the Buffalo chicken and the Mexican chicken from last week's Menu-Mailer and I'm going to make a variation of the Pork Marsala (I have pork broth that I made, so I'm going to sub that for the wine and have 'Pork Valsala' lol!) and the French Pepper Steak this week.

DH took me out for Valentines tonight (he had to work last night) I got all dolled up and I wore my red dress that I've never worn before. I've had it for a few years, and it was such a good deal (I think it was a $50 dress for $15) but it's a little spandexy and it shows off the belly, so I couldn't wear it for a long time. At the time I bought it I thought I'd work to get into it, so I picked it up.... good thing I don't do that often. But it was SOOOO nice to be able to wear it and feel pretty in it. :D I had the Angus Beef Skewar stir-fry. It was veggies and meat and white rice. I asked for no rice and double veggies. And it was a very good choice. There was a sauce on the veggies, but not a ton, so I wasn't worried about what was in it, it was delicious and the meat was a good portion size this time. (Last time I went out I ordered the meatloaf and it was 3 meal's worth....) Again, I was able to eat out, not think too hard, and not feel deprived.

I've been using my pedometer. I still have a ways to go depending on what I'm doing that day I've been doing 4300-8000 steps. My goal is to get up to 10 000 steps a day. My next trick is going to be to turn standing tasks into walking on the spot tasks. I tried bopping around (to music) and sidestepping while washing dishes, that works pretty well.

I've been on the wii most days. On even days I've been doing the my routine and the wii routines focusing on my core muscles, but doing a little bit with all my muscles. On odd days I've been warming up with the wii legs and hips routine and then bursting 30 seconds hard running, 1 minutes jogging or walking back and forth on the 10 minute free run and then a cool down with various stuff. Once I get going, I might use the 20 minute free run and do the on-and-off bursting for about 15 minutes and include the cool down in the last 5 minutes. The nice thing about the free run game is that you can change the channel and watch something.

I think I'm almost done my Challenge. But I'm going to continue with what I have learned. My next post will be my final weigh in for the challenge. I'm doing great and loving it! Thank you, Leanne!

So anyway, thank you for joining me, and I hope I can help you! It really is fun to be a Homemaking Diva!!

Please comment or send your questions to me at homemakingdiva@hotmail.com

Have great day!

Valerie :D

3 comments:

  1. Keep going :)
    Your blog inspired me to go for my own one and finally try to get my life in order
    Bless you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps ~ am SERIOUSLY thinking of buying a Wii ~ worth it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww.... thanks!

    I love my wii fit plus! I'm not the type to go to a gym, plus I'm a bit out in the boonies for that... And I keep weird hours, AND I'm not a morning person...

    The wii is great.... IF you use it! (Just like anything else) :D

    ReplyDelete