Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Losing It With Leanne Challenge Day 28 - I did it!! Weigh in

February 8, 2011

Hello all! Great news! I DID it! I not only met, my weight loss goal for the Losing It With Leanne challenge, I PASSED my goal!!! Go me!

My goal was to lose 3 kg (6.6 pounds) in 4 weeks and I've lost 3.55kg (7.81 pounds)!! YAY! :D I also did the full measuring so: I lost about 1 inch in my bust/chest measurements - which is probably more from the back and sides... I lost 7/8 of an inch on my waist, 1 inch on my thighs, 5/8 of an inch on my neck, and 1/2 inch on my upper arm. My BMI is down from the original 27.18 to 25.94 (difference of 1.24).

I never went totally 'off plan' but I wasn't exactly on plan for the whole 4 weeks either. I mostly stuck to the rules of week 1 with week 1 and 2's soup and I did SOME more soup with week 2, but not as much as I was supposed to (I was rationing it a bit because I didn't have any more lentils and I thought I would run out... should have just ran to the store).

I did well when I ate out, I made the best choices I could. When I went to my sister's I packed the whole LWL lunch and just heated up my soup there. (She would have made me tuna, but I didn't think ahead enough to ask if she had some...) When I went to a potluck dinner party I made sure what I brought was fairly 'safe' for me to have and I told myself that I could have a little bit of whatever, but just a little. I had ONE cube of pumpernickel with a reasonable amount of spinach dip on it for example, instead of several pieces of pumpernickel with as much dip as I could scoop up :D

I'm not quite done yet. I'm going to continue with week 3 and then back down slightly into more 'sustaining' weight than 'losing weight'. I talked about that last time.

I bought a pedometer, I think it will be good for me. My job is at the computer so I sit a LOT and even with getting on the wii most days, I still need to be moving more overall to make up for all my 'stationary time'. Tomorrow I'm going to wear it all day and see where I'm at, and then I'm going to make an effort to increase my steps to work my way up to averaging 10 000 steps a day. I've been fiddling with it tonight and it's pretty fun. It measures distance, steps, and calories burned, plus it has a clock AND it flips up so I can look at it without bending over funny or taking it off, and when you flip it up, the display flips over, so it's right-side up for the way you're looking at it. Not bad for $20.00 :D

So anyway, thank you for joining me, and I hope I can help you! It really is fun to be a Homemaking Diva!!

Please comment or send your questions to me at homemakingdiva@hotmail.com

Have great day!

Valerie :D

No comments:

Post a Comment