Friday, May 25, 2012

Summer Fun!

The weather is beautiful, and I'm slipping into a more relaxed routine. Yay!

We 'baby-sat' a dog for 2 weeks while friends were in Finland, and because she's a little... excitable,  I kept all the 'extra' doors closed. One great habit I established was LEAVING my home office and closing the door for my lunch break and when I'm done for the day. Doesn't sound like much, but I used to spend my 'lunches' on facebook. And while I do still go on facebook several times a day, I also need to get off my butt, because I sit a LOT (for work and for play, then there's driving, watching tv...)

Anyways. I've found taking a real lunch break is beneficial to me. Getting up, standing for a bit, and getting one or two things done around the house is great. I've been getting outside, starting to do a little gardening.

I've also started doing 'spa dishes' again. I have two pairs of cotton gloves. (One I got for about $4 at a drug store, the other about $1.50 at a dollar store.) I take my rings off, put on hand cream, put on the cotton gloves, then put on the rubber gloves and do the dishes! It's great for the skin (especially with the heat of the water amplifying things) and if I do it consistently, it should save me some money on rubber gloves - My one fingernail always seems to wear a hole... now with the extra layer, the gloves should last longer. Taking care of myself, taking care of my family, and being frugal!

How is your journey towards balance going?


So anyway, thank you for joining me, and I hope I can help you! It really is fun to be a Homemaking Diva!!

Please comment or send your questions to me at homemakingdiva@hotmail.com

Have great day!

Valerie :D

No comments:

Post a Comment